Monday, April 19, 2010

Unexpected visitors...

Climbing and hiking around all day one might think that the occasional traveler wouldn't stay long (and usually they don't)...  This little one spent the better part of the morning clinging to by pack, sometimes facing into the wind - but seemingly happy to be carried from place to place.  By the time I got back to the car it had eventually left but there was something kind of nice having it travel with me for a while. (bigger versions)

These little ones (there were many of them) kept climbing up the tripod and the lightstands one day while shooting humming birds.  They clung so tightly that I was afraid I would hurt them if I pulled them off so I left them alone... When they got to the top they seemed lost and confused and made no attempt to climb down so the only thing that seemed to make sense was to be the path away... one by one I moved them off to the world they should inhabit. (bigger versions)