Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Places that become yours...

There are places in this world that I frequent, sometimes I find evidence that others have been there recently - but we never overlap - when I am there I am alone... Effectively these places have become mine. (bigger versions)

Sometimes I know why there are few other travelers - thorns, briars, ticks, mosquitos.  Sometimes I think the reason is the distance to safety is a bit much if something goes wrong.  (bigger versions)

Most times I think people do not travel in places where they haven't been led... It's different now than it was when I was a kid - exploring everything without fear just to see what's there... (bigger versions)

In a way it's sad to have so few realize what's available all around them, but in another way it's nice to have places that become yours... (bigger versions)