Saturday, April 24, 2010

Behind the fence...

Out exploring to see what hides behind the fence that guards the highway Mischka found a head.  It was strange in that the antlers were hooked around a tree and there was no body - no signs of a struggle.  Older than a few days and not eaten by scavengers.  (bigger images)

I suspect that it was probably hit by a car on the highway and someone threw the head over the fence...  Somehow it didn't seem right to leave it tangled on the ground so I placed it on a stump - to watch and to warn (and if lucky not to be eaten and destroyed). (bigger versions)

It's a sad thing to find... I don't mind the living - I don't mind the skulls - I don't really know what to think of the intermediates when remnants exist - remnants confuse my emotions - eyelashes to the soul... (bigger images)