Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Backsides...

Sometimes it's hard to find a way to capture in an image that which makes something unique and special.  More often than not the most visible characteristics reveal that which makes something recognizable - what binds it to a group - what one would expect to see... but finding the way to reveal what makes something special is a challenge worth attempting. (bigger image)

For me - it's the flaws that I love to see... The parts that are missing or broken or deformed that one doesn't see at first - but because they are there... I am drawn in... While I can't figure out why at first - I am compelled to keep looking. (bigger image)

Sometimes it's the unbalanced and unfair nature of life - the wear and tear of existing that makes one of many stand out. (bigger image)