Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why do I post images and ideas with obvious flaws?

Well, if I were to choose to only express myself with things which I think are perfect that I would likely find myself at the end of my life locked away in a room having never spoken to anyone and will have lived my life trapped only in my own thoughts. That seems pointless to me. Life is messy and imperfect and oftentimes I find that as I grow older, I look at the world differently and my beliefs about it change. It's not that wisdom comes with age, but rather think it comes from experience. It's all the times I was challenged and lost, that I found flaws in my understanding of the world, that someone taught me things I never knew existed… these are the seeds of what little wisdom I have gained. More importantly, it seems that the imperfect and messy parts of life are the ones I find the most value in… For me life is to be lived and not perfected; hopefully, becoming more interesting as I age.