Thursday, December 10, 2009

Interestingness...


What makes people interesting? For me, the "interestingness" seems to be related to how different that person is from everyone else… (bigger versions)

It isn't the way in which their outward appearance differs from others, but rather it's wrapped up in the ways in which they look at the world. Sometimes it's frustrating when people have opposing opinions or interests that I don't share, but it is from these people that I have a chance to learn and grow.

These people offer something that I can't do myself no matter how much effort or time I spend, and that is a very valuable and special thing. In some ways I find that the same concept applies to most things in life, in the untended green spaces, in the alleys, in the forgotten parts of the world we walk past everyday... interesting things exist everywhere and the key to finding them seems only to be not walking right by them. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to not walk blindly by so many of the interesting things...