Thursday, December 10, 2009

Determination...


On a rainy windy and otherwise unpleasant day I was out taking pictures and pushing the limits of what I knew how to do with the equipment I had with me... I was getting frustrated and a bit depressed that I wasn't going to have a good session, but it was a long drive to get there so I stuck with it, made adjustments to what skills I was going to work on that day, pushed the camera outside my comfort zone, ignored the little voice in the back of my head telling me it was pointless and I should just go home and give up and then I see this eagle that caught a much larger fish than he expected. Usually they make it back into the air after a successful catch quickly, but this one couldn't quite get enough lift and struggled for around 50 feet before it was clear he wouldn't have to drop the fish or crash into the water. While I got a number of decent shots from that sequence I liked this one the best. It isn't the best technically, but to me it shows that moment of decision where one commits to continue rather than give up and try again later... (bigger versions)